Monday, August 17, 2009

Skyler Iowa State Fair 2009


Skyler and Grandma Jeanie camped at the Fair
Friday and Saturday 2009 Fair. Skyler is with
the band The Nadas. I watched the concert
and it was really fun. It was East Side Friday and the party was wild.

Carrie was out Friday afternoon with Sylvia and
Jasper. They had pork chops on a stick. Skyler
got his face painted. Sylvia went on the big
slide twice.

Saturday morning Skyler, Carrie, and I went to the Farmers market. I wanted to purchase a gift
for my sister Mary Ann.

I felt like I might be in an accident all the time I was in Des Moines. Driving my truck in the
Fair campgrounds was scary enough. When I was on the Freeway on Saturday it rained so hard
I could not read the road signs. When Skyler and I returned to the Fair on 30th street I slowed to get
behind a big red dodge truck and the red truck hit a truck almost immediately. The white truck pulling a trailer pulled right out in front and lost his fenders, bumper and probably his
radiator. I was pretty close to that accident.

More tales from the Fair coming.

I am leaving tomorrow for my vacation in Washington state and Alaska. I took Nana to Tom's
place yesterday. He is going to keep her until I get home. The Cat goes to the sitter tomorrow.
Wish me luck. Happy Trails Grandma Jeanie







2 comments:

  1. Yall was lookin' fine. Sounds like you had a good time. I tell you Jeanie - since I've known you I don't think you've ever not had fun. That's what I love about you!! Did you get some rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see my grandma in Alaska!!

    ReplyDelete