Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GLEN'S ANNIVERSARY 01-15-35 to 02-10-09






My children came today to spend the day with me. We looked at old pictures and reminisced about their life growing up with their dad.

When he was young he looked like a mix of Elvis Presley and Marlon Brando. Glen and Elvis had the same birthday in January 1935. I always told my friends I had my own Elvis.

I could not be crazy about Elvis, because my mom had every record he ever made and swooned over him. She kept this quiet, but us kids knew about it.

I have learned how to have a blast with a broken heart.

3 comments:

  1. I missed Grandpa Glen a lot today. I have a lot of photos of you and him around my house so I always have the both of you near my heart. I can't wait to see you in June. Love you Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching post.
    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful memories to share, I especially like the one of you and Glen in western attire,looks like a carnival shot or such. I wish I had known both of you then however I feel honored to have known you at all.

    ReplyDelete