Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BONES

This is my mule BONES 1987-2008
I wanted to change her name, but
she came running whenever we called
her name so we went with it. She
had an accidental death.

She was a pet and a good ditch diving
mule. I loved her.

I had her for 8 years.

She brought me back to my roots. I love riding horses or mules and being
out doors. I love to be somewhere where there is no trail.

I have a new mule now. She is younger, blacker, smarter, and much bigger.
I rode her today with my friend Deb. yesterday my friend Tom came and
took the first ride of the season with me. I am very grateful to him for
that because that is when you have to break them again.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are having fun. As a former horse rider, I know the feeling of freedom one gets from riding. That, plus the connection to the horse or mule itself, makes riding a great way to spend the day. I find myself fearful of horses today. Maybe I'll have to ride again one day to get over that. I have a friend south of Olympia that I could go ride with any time. Love you Mom.
    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great photo of you and Bones. I am grateful for Tom and Deb and all your friends. Love you mom.

    ReplyDelete