Thursday, June 24, 2010

GARDEN JUNE 2010

I have had good luck with my gardens, even though we have had way too much rain. I have had lettuce and onions since May. Yesterday I picked some green beans and peas. Lettuce and potatoes. I have a lot of green tomatoes and we have had hot peppers all month.

My dad was a truck farmer and I grew up with vegetables. My boys have taken some produce home and there will be a lot more to share.

The bad news is the flood gates are open on the dam and looks like I will lose the hayfield again. Lost it in 2008. We replanted then not sure what will happen this year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. I did not plant this year. Winter (freezing temperatures)lasted way too long and we are still up to our ears trying to remodel our kitchen .... one thing at a time.
    Anyway, enjoy that fresh produce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that I am jealous of your garden!
    Of course mine has provided us with lettuce and beet greens so far.
    Summer Squash is coming along ... with green beans.

    That is horrible about your hay field.
    What river are you near?

    ReplyDelete